Air Conditioning Services in the Greater Philly Metro Area
Air Conditioning Services
Let’s face it, hot and humid summer days are nobody’s friend. The last thing you want to do is sweat through a long hot summer day — especially after a long day at work. When your air conditioner is not working to its peak ability, your home can quickly become uncomfortable. If your AC unit is not keeping your home cool or has stopped working altogether, it may be time to call W.F. Smith for reliable air conditioning services. We specialize in emergency HVAC services like air conditioning replacement services, as well as heating system, furnace and heat pump installation.
Why Air Conditioner Maintenance Is Important
Just like you wouldn’t go for years without servicing your car, your air conditioner requires routine maintenance so that it can continue to perform well through the hottest months of the year. Here are a few reasons why Philadelphia-area residents should schedule AC maintenance:
Prolong AC Unit’s Life – If you never get your AC checked, it will gradually be working harder and harder in order to keep your home cool, which will reduce its lifespan over time.
Safety – Sometimes, problems arise with your unit, and you don’t realize it until it becomes a safety hazard. Having a professional inspect it regularly will ensure that any issues are taken care of before they become major problems.
Air Quality – As part of regular maintenance, we’ll change out your air filters, which will reduce allergens entering your home and improve overall air quality.
Efficiency – Proper maintenance means your AC system won’t have to work as hard, which means that it will use less electricity and run more efficiently.
W.F. Smith will replace air filters and other parts that have become worn down as part of our routine maintenance. Afterward, we’ll provide you with a report that includes the details of our inspection and let you know if there are any concerns or parts that should be repaired or upgraded. We always take an educational approach, and will never pressure you into making a purchase.
How Do I Protect My Air Conditioner in the Winter?
Here are a few tips that will help you protect and maintain your AC through the off-season:
- Clear the outside unit of any dried leaves or debris
- Clear any accumulating snow or ice
- Cover the air conditioner with a breathable material
- Place wood over the unit and weigh it down with bricks to protect it from the elements
- Schedule regular maintenance before and after cooling season
Please note, if you cover your AC for the winter, you should pull the disconnect to disable the unit to prevent it from being turned on before the cover is removed, which could cause hard to the unit.
Air Conditioning Repair
There are several different reasons why you may need to hire an HVAC contractor to repair your air conditioner. If a failing AC is disregarded, you may have to get a complete split system air conditioner or central air unit replacement. Before that happens, read through some of the most common reasons that lead homeowners to look for local air conditioning repair services in Philadelphia or its surrounding areas:
- The AC is making loud noises – AC units should run quietly, however, if your unit is producing loud screeching noises, there may be something wrong with internal components.
- The AC is emitting a bad smell or odor – If you experience a musty, moldy, or burnt smell, this could be an indication of a burnt out wire, or even a pest infiltration. More importantly, if you smell gas, you should leave your house immediately and contact a local gas company.
- Your air conditioner is blowing warm air – Check your thermostat if you feel warm air blowing out of the vent to make sure it is switched to cooling mode. If it is set to “cool” and still blows warm air, there may be an airflow or compressor issue.
- Varying temperatures throughout your home – You may experience uneven heating or cooling in your home due to insufficient airflow.
- Frequent cycles – A dirty air filter, bad thermostat placement, or dirty condenser coils could be the cause for frequent cycles.
- A broken thermostat – If your thermostat is not working, it cannot accurately gauge if your unit is working properly, or producing the right amount of air.
- Your energy bills have suddenly gone up – If your energy bills are higher than usual, it could indicate that your AC needs to be looked over.
There’s a reason why customers in Philadelphia, Newtown, and the surrounding communities have chosen W.F. Smith for air conditioner repair services. Our experts are industry-trained and licensed to diagnose your cooling issues and restore comfort to your home as quickly as possible.
Our residential air conditioning repair process includes:
- Sending a licensed HVAC contractor to your home to troubleshoot your air conditioner’s problems
- Running a full diagnostics test to ensure your air conditioner is working properly
- Diagnosing your air conditioner issues
- Repairing your air conditioner
- Educating you on the work we did and how to properly care for your air conditioner in the future.
W.F. Smith has been helping homeowners throughout Bucks County and Montgomery County keep their homes comfortable since 1946. All of our HVAC specialists and staff work hard to provide the highest quality customer service — just take a look at our customer reviews! We understand how important it is for you to trust our staff, so we make it a priority to provide the highest level of care every time we send a technician to your Philadelphia-area home.
Air Conditioning Installation
Whether you are updating your appliances in a new home or your air conditioner has broken down, a new air conditioner installation can add value to your home and save you money on energy each month. Here are some reasons you may want to consider AC installation services in Philadelphia:
- You are building a brand-new home and need help designing an HVAC system that will keep the whole house comfortable
- You have an existing home that has never had air conditioning installed
- Your existing HVAC system is over 10 years old or is no longer working efficiently
- You have residents in your home whose health requires an air conditioner that can reduce humidity levels and filter out allergens
- You are considering selling your home in the next few years and want to upgrade the current system to raise the current value of your home.
Find out how our high-quality workmanship and fair prices can make all the difference when it comes to your split system air conditioner or central air unit installation needs in Philadelphia, Bucks County, and nearby!
What is a SEER rating and why is it important?
The SEER rating, or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, is important because it helps you identify the efficiency of your HVAC unit. The higher the SEER rating, the more energy efficient your unit is. Learn more here.
Why is my air conditioner leaking water?
Your air conditioner produces small amounts of condensation when in use. While some water leakage is common, it’s important to understand when it’s leaking too much. There are many factors that go into a large water leak, and you can read about it here.
Why does my air conditioner smell like mildew?
Mold and mildew are often produced in the ductwork of air conditioning units when moisture is present. Most functioning HVAC systems can overcome moisture; however, units that have dirty filters, internal issues, or moist ductwork are susceptible to mold growth. Learn more here.
If you need AC installation services or indoor air quality services in Newtown or elsewhere in Bucks County, Montgomery County, and nearby communities, contact our professional HVAC contractors at W.F. Smith today.
W.F. Smith was great. They worked very professionally and neatly. They were extremely knowledgeable about the equipment and all specific HVAC practices. Would recommend them to the world!